Computer Use Policy:
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The RGC Public Library is pleased to offer the community access to free internet for research, collaboration, and personal use.
The Internet offers a wealth of educational, recreational, and cultural information. Be aware that the Internet is unregulated and materials accessible through it may be inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, biased, inappropriate, or offensive. Please remember that the library is a public place and use discretion when viewing text or graphics that may be offensive to others. Individuals use the Internet at their own risk. We caution users to access and evaluate materials online as they would a printed source.
RULES OF CONDUCT
- Internet computers will not be used for illegal activity, to access illegal materials, or to access materials which by local community standards would be obscene.
- Installation, downloading, or modification of software is prohibited.
- Users will respect copyright laws and licensing agreements.
- Users will not make any attempt to gain unauthorized access to restricted files or networks, or to damage or modify computer equipment or software.
- Prompt payment is required by users who incur charges for printing.
- Users must sign up to use the Internet on a next-available-terminal basis. Terminals will not be "reserved" for persons who are not in the immediate vicinity when their name is called, and telephone reservations will not be taken.
- Access sessions will be limited to thirty minutes, unless otherwise authorized by the Library Staff in Charge.
- Users must end their session and leave the terminal when asked to do so by authorized Library staff.
- The number of access sessions available per day, per user, may be established by the Library Staff in Charge: such limitations will be dependent on facility-specific demand in order to provide access for the majority of users.
- Users will respect the privacy of other users, and will refrain from attempting to view or read material being used by others.
- By mutual agreement, two persons may share one access session as long as their behavior or conversation does not disturb other users or Library staff.
TIME and LIMITS
- To access the Internet a patron must sign-in and use his or her own library card number.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent.
- A visitor who does not have a library card may sign up by showing proper picture identification (driver’s license or I.D.) at a library circulation desk.
- Each individual is limited to thirty minutes per day of Internet access and must use his or her own library card number or picture identification to sign up for a computer.
- The library's computers are set up for use by a single individual. A maximum of two persons may sit/work together at any one computer, except in special cases such as a parent/guardian with children.